One of my favorite things is to find a convenience food that's both healthy and easy to prepare. I also am totally loving all new veggie products that sub for starchy foods (like grains and potatoes). Which is why I loooove Trader Joe's new Frozen Cauliflower Pizza!
Here are some pros & cons:
Note: My boyfriend and I also tried the frozen cauliflower crust ONLY - and this was much easier & tastier to eat
- Taste: tastes just like a regular frozen pizza - salty, but not too salty, just the right amount of sauce & cheese. You couldn't tell the crust was anything out of the ordinary
- Price: $4.99 - this is pretty good comparable to other Trader Joe's pizzas - I also get the Ancient Grain pizza ($4.49)
- Nutrition Facts: Decent, honestly more calories than I would like (760 for the whole pizza) - but this still saves you about 20% of the calories from other pizzas! (E.g. 930 calories for the Ancient Grain pizza). This pizza is also gluten free for those who are gluten-averse.
- Ease of Use: Very easy - pre-heated the oven to 425 & baked on a Canola Oil sprayed pan for 12 minutes
- Is it filling? YES! 3/4 of the pizza does the trick for me for a full meal. If you want it for 2 meals (probably preferable) - pair it with a side of veggies like baby carrots
- Nutrition Facts: Like I said, I would have preferred if it were lower calories. Also, there are a lot of other carbs/ starches in the crust besides cauliflower, which I know must be necessary from a food science standpoint, but I don't love it
OVERALL RECOMMENDATION: 4 stars!